Eheim 3000+ compact

Singularity

Hmmm amper!
Reaction score
hmmm, was wondering if these pumps would make a good return pump ? (this one is for FW, u get them for marines aswell)

compact_plus_pump.gif

Technical Information
  • Pump Output: 1500-3000 l/h
  • Power Consumption: 55w
  • Suction Side Connector: 20mm
  • Pressure Side Connector: 20mm
  • Hose Size: 19/27mm
  • Delivery Head: 3.0 m
  • Dimensions: 138 x 82 x 126 mm

1 of the best if not the best pumps u can buy. Have heard stories of eheims going for decades with no issues. I have my eyes on 1 as the haleia is making a bit of a noise but need to save quite a bit as they are quite pricey

Yip, I have also heard stories from a fellow reefer of his Eheim return pump going for a good couple of years without any problems or even cleaning IIRC. Also apparently it does not loose as much flow with a higher head like some other pumps do.

ahhh hotdog, that is good to hear ! hope the head thing is true with these models, mine will have to cope with +/-2.8m
I got one at cost for R850, they retail for R 1 030 :p

good.... but is it what you need?

Assume head is "true", expect LESS than 250L/h flow at close to it's maximum head.

Is that what you want?

If so, plenty money spent just to deliver so LITTLE waterflow.

If you're a certified fan THEN ,I suggest 1 size up... 5000L/h, same HEAD,same SIZE, higher flow, more USEFUL as a return pump.

ALSO eheim manual lists 66W, not 55W. Maybe I looked at wrong info?

ahhh hotdog, that is good to hear ! hope the head thing is true with these models, mine will have to cope with +/-2.8m
I got one at cost for R850, they retail for R 1 030 :p

good to know...

i wanted i relativly slow, but more like 750... hmmm will get the bigger model then, maybe OR6500 ?

pm sent, help you decide.
size vs Power vs flow vs price vs versatility vs availability vs guarantee period

Isn't the power consumption a bit high at 55 or 66 watts for a 1500-3000lph pump?
I had a Rio Hyper flow 2700lph that is rated at 25 watts.

Last edited:
hmmm what do u guys think of these

eheim 1262 universal pump

1046.gif

[SIZE=-1]Pump output:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]3400 l/h[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Delivery head:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]3,10 m/wat.col. 10 ft. 2 in./wat.col.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Power consumption:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]50 W[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Hose connection (suction side):[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Ø28mm (1")[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Hose connection (pressure side):[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Ø18mm (3/4")[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Dimensions:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]218 x 116 x 161 8.6 x 4.6 x 6.4 in.[/SIZE]

thanks for the pm by the way, i did reply...

$$$$ ???

Wow, why not get a Rio Hyperflow for a fraction of that price, awesome little pumps and use much less wattage.

Who all stocks Rio pumps Viper?

so you are talking about these....

TA3160_99.jpg

Model Rio 3100
Dimensions 6.0" x 3.1" x 4.28"
Outlet 3/4" or 1" I.D. Hose
Watts 73
Max Lift in Ft. 9.5`

pricing ?

Who all stocks Rio pumps Viper?
Just about all the sponsors should, Eco Aquatics or Reef Inmates will be the closest to you.

their head ?? thats my problem :(
Head is good. On the Rio 20hf you have 3300 lph at 1.8m with a max head of 3.3 metres.

The 26hf is 4330 lph at 1.8m with a max head of 4.0 metres

Yip, those are the ones, they have a very unique impellor design, it's one complete moulded piece with no fins to break off.

I have the 20hf running one of the returns on my tank, on the other return I have have been through 2 impellors and two complete pumps (aqua h20 pumps). The RIO has never given me a days trouble and is still pumping strong, it has a very small footprint as well and has a special sort of double base plate with rubbers inbetween that prevent noise and vibration, sort of like a cars suspension, very clever idea.

Back
Top Bottom