It’s been a hot minute since we’ve reported on Eco-Lamps but their new Gemstone LED hybrid light really caught our attention. This crazy concoction of an LED light is fully controllable, and it not only includes T5 lamp but also has a couple built-in halogen bulbs.
To be clear, this is not an aquarium light, but a light purposely built to display and show off gemstones under their most flattering colors. So the Eco-Lamps Gemstone light is designed to bring out an enormous range of light colors but it is not designed to be bright and punch deep into aquarium water.
There seems to be two versions of Eco-Lamps Gemstone LED light, one with a single fluorescent tube, and a second more powerful one with two T5 tubes, with the larger model rated for up to 120 watts. The light includes a large sturdy mounting arm which can pivot and tilt the light, but it is designed to be mounted to a jeweler’s table.
The Eco-Lamps Gemstone light is a very interesting amalgamation of lighting technologies, perfectly suited to displaying the color and brilliance of many different gemstones, but it could probably do well lighting up planted tanks as it is. But our mind is already racing ahead at the very slight modifications Eco-Lamps would have to do to make this a really compelling Hybrid T5 & LED reef light. [Eco-Lamps]
Readers also viewed:
- NanoBox Reef introducing a new hybrid LED fixture at ReefStock 2015
- Giesemann’s LED/T5 hybrid light is a sign of things to come
- Giesemann Aurora LED/T5 hybrid launches, gives best of both worlds
- Nano Box Reef breathes new life into old fixtures with cool custom retro projects
- Triton Aquatics Hybrid T5 & LED invites you to Bring Your Own Lights
- Vital Wave Violet and Cyan are worthy color-boosting LED spotlights
- Coral Fluorescent Protein (CFP) Checker Flashlight makes it easier to search for special corals
- Second version of Full Spectrum Edition EcoLamps KR93 gets an impressive demo video