Easy invertebrates

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by highlander, 1 Aug 2008.

1. highlander

highlander

Hey all!

I want to put some snails, hermits and stars in my tank soon. Any ideas on what is nice looking and hardy? Also which of each breed alot so that I don't really replace them?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Warr7207

Warr7207

None of them really breed in marine tanks, you may get the odd snail species laying eggs, but for them to not get eaten before and after hatching if difficult.

Snails, all the turbo species are good grazers

Hermits, make sure you get dwarf species and the normal hermits get giant size.

StarFish, look at Banded BrittleStar, most of the other species are difficult to keep alive

4. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

The only snails that I know of that breeds (well, in my tank in any case) are stomatella snails.
    Pic (thanks to WWM:)
    [​IMG]
    My tiny white micro brittle stars also breed. But both of these are usually hitchhikers and are not usually bought seperately.

Recent Posts