easy feeding for Brine shrimp

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by brentv, 13 Mar 2010.

1. brentv

brentv

Guys besides doing a whole green water set up to feed your brine's, what do you think will be a nutritional food supply thats pretty easy to feed?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypn

hypn

Hi,

When I supplied Sea Monkeys (brine shrimp) to the market we use to suggest cake-flour which is part of the secret ingredient of Sea Monkeys special food. They mixed algae and cake-flour to create a greenish looking food and added a small amount of salt in every feed (very small). Not only would the higher salinity increase hatching but the flour algae mix seemed to work like a dream (remember the tanks are pretty small). The problem with this method was that the food was a Oxygen stealer leading to a lot of deaths of newborn if the water had no aeration. I still have some of the packets available which I will kindly supply to those that might want to give it a try.

He also had a packet called SUPER GROWTH FOOD, but I have to admit that I never figured out what the content of these packages contained

Andre

4. brentv

brentv Thread Starter

I grow my Brine's in an inverted 2L coke bottle and every day I get a nice batch I'm pouring into my DT. what I have been doing is adding a few drops of Zooplankton to the container when I put the eggs in. I have a small glass tank with guppies in my garden, the water is bright green, can I add a small amount of this mixed with the cake flour idea to feed???:whistling:

5. hypn

hypn

Guppies are not brine shrimp - feed them proper fish food. If you would like a free packet of Sea-Monkey growth food PM me and I will get a packet in the post. I do however thing zooplankton is more than efficient keeping in mind that brine shrimp do not eat for the first few days after birth. Most Brine shrimp are killed from over and not under feeding

Recent Posts