[wtd] Easy Corals for my 4ft

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Bradley Burrell, 21 Nov 2012.

1. Bradley Burrell

Bradley Burrell

howzit all im looking for some easy to keep corals that are effective in a tank in terms of looks...please drop me a message...
    JHB/PTA or north west area please

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bradley Burrell

Bradley Burrell Thread Starter

Bump

4. chas84

chas84

Tell us a bit more about your tank, info like lighting, flow, filtration, tank age and so on would help members to give you better advice.

5. Bradley Burrell

Bradley Burrell Thread Starter

Ok im getting a t5 unit from the for sale section,its a 4ft tank with 2 2100l powerheads and a seio 3000l prop pump,its being fed by a 3500l pump in the sump with a 32mm pvc pipe,the sump is a 3ft tank which i converted,it has 3 chambers first having my skimmer,second having my dsb and live rock with all the water passing through the ceramic cylinder things???...(not sure of their proper names),the tank has a crushed coral bottom with not too much LR in it,i made a new overflow in the centre of the back panel on the inside of the tank from the base to the top,its been going now for quite a while,since the beginning of the year but have not had many corals in just a few fish...and thats about it,im starting to see some growth on my LR only now but i also only had a pink and blue light in so it explains why its so slow and no reflective sheeting in my canopy but i have started to get somewhere and have now just got to get my unit from boksburg...but the inmates are all very happy and i have not lost a fish at all so the water is in a good state,i also have had two open brains that i bought over a year and a half ago in my tank and they very happy even with the very very poor lighting so yes i do see a future for my tank...

6. chas84

chas84

Look for the following corals:

Mushrooms
    Leathers (Pincushion, Cabbage leather, Toadstool, etc)
    Zoas
    Pulsing Xenia
    Ricordea yuma (I haven't kept florida's yet)
    Branching Hammer
    Frogspawn
    Candy cane
    Trumpet coral

From the above you'd be able to stock your tank and it would look great, plus many of these are frequently available as frags on the forum if you're willing to be patient and let them grow out in your tank.

Recent Posts