East London newbie

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Greg Bridger, 3 Jun 2012.

1. Greg Bridger

Greg Bridger

Hi all
    I kept a three foot tank a couple of years back and gave up the tank due to various resons.
    At the end of last year a friend was moving to Jhb and offered me a tank for free. At the time we (Ed_Maddocks and myself)were in the process of moving our work premises that happened to have a space in the office for a tank and so the bug bit again.

About a month ago I happened apon a friend selling a 50L 600mm half round boyu tank with some live rock and a couple of local inmates, so I purchased it for home.

I stripped out the lighting and filter and replaced them with a pair of boyu tubes, some LED strip lights, a Fluval canister as well as an external reef octopus hang on skimmer.

I'm now in the process of planing a 3ft room devider tank that will use the canister and skimmer off my boyu and if all goes well a DIY LED light setup

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

welcome Greggie, good to see you back in the game...

guys if anyone is good with DIY its this guy... he has kept smallish systems but his attention to detail is precise..

looking forrward to a lovley system

whats your plans for livestock Greg?

4. Greg Bridger

Greg Bridger Thread Starter

hey Les thanks for the warm welcome, nice to be getting back into the game again haven't thought to much about stock, but will definatly be pushing my stock from my existing tank to the new one then pass that tank on to my dad who is retired and loves my tank or else sell it, as yet still busy with the tank design and hardware choices.
    There is so much more to make decisions on from lighting to wave makers etc so been googleing my fingers off.
    So far I think I might go the LED route and as far as pumps go tunze look very nice with the new programmable controller.
    As soon as I've got my drawings all done I'll start a new tank thread like Ed's tank.We had a good time getting that one up and running so now its my turn to get cracking.

5. Seabass

Seabass

Welcome, looking forward to the progress and pics.

6. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Welcome to our forum :)

Recent Posts