Early on

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Fester, 15 Sep 2012.

1. Fester

Fester

So i know mu tank is only 3 weeks old now, just want to know what does in first. Cleanup crew? What to get first?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

What to get first is an understanding of your tank, the current parameters and "get" the ability to keep it stable.
    Briefly explain your setup, especially in terms of current filtration and what you have been dosing the tank with. Some members of a cleanup crew require a slightly more stable tank than likely to be found in a 3 wk old system.
    Have you been dosing any bacteria?

4. Fester

Fester Thread Starter

Im in no rush as i know one must wait till tank has cycled fully. Dont have parameters with me atm so will post those when i get home and check the ol log book. They were all registering as its still cycling. Just wondered if it was time yet to put a snail in or shrimp in yet. Have hundreds of pods running all over the place

5. Fester

Fester Thread Starter

Ahh and sorry, the rest of the question. I dose stability as required from directions. Also dose reef builder. Have TS3 skimming wonderfully wet. Clean skimmer cup daily as its nice and dirty. Then in sump i have phos remover. Between sump and DT I HAVE 100kg live rock. Adding another 50 next week to DT.

Recent Posts