Dwarf/Pigmy Angels

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Evo R, 23 Feb 2011.

1. Evo R

Evo R

Hey guys.

How many Dwarf/Pigmy angels can be kept sucsessfully in a 4ft tank without any hassels or hostility??

And what types are peacefull with eachother???

Regards

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

tough one to answer...
    People generally say keep to 1 per system as they are quite aggro when it comes to each other but there are lots of factors that come into play...how much rockwork do u have, are there lots of caves in said rockwork, is it a std 4ft or bigger than normal are some things u need to look at.
    I know guys that have kept 4 or 5 successfully, some people maybe even more.

Up until recently I had 5 in my 6ft without any issues...but my Black Bean last week decided after all this time it hated my Vroliki and it was going to take it out no matter what. :(
    Even in my tank the remaining angels still give each other a go now and then, but because I quite a lot of cave work and places to hide they can get away from each other if the need arises, and they all have their own little territories where they will leave the other alone.

Flame angel and Coral Beauty should be fine together, also that combination with a Bicolour or Jumping Bean. At the moment I have a Flame, Coral Beauty, Pygmy and Black Bean. However from my experience though Coral Beauty's are far more aggressive than most people think they are...mine has been the dominant one in my tank since it was introduced. I have heard of one as well in another guys tank in town that takes on his Purple Tang on a regular basis... :)

Hope this is helpful.

4. Tremayn

Tremayn

Kunhardt, did you introduce your angels together? How big were they when you introduced them?

5. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

No, started with the Flame Angel...had him for nearly 2 years before adding a Pygmy Angel which was pretty tiny, 5 months or so later I bought the Coral Beauty from a friend who was taking down his tank, it was bigger than the Flame at the time. The Vroliki was 4th and also pretty small and lastly the Black Bean which was as big as the Flame but smaller than the Coral Beauty. I have found though that the smaller angels when introduced got no notice from the bigger ones, where as ones of similar size got into fights on introduction but eventually settled in.

6. Evo R

Evo R Thread Starter

How big is your tank that you are keeping them in??
    And any coral nipping??

7. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

tanks 1800x500x500 so not that big volume wise just length wise. No, no coral nipping at this point...I am fearful the Black Bean may do so at some point as they apparently are known to do so more often than not. Contrary to popular belief my Flame Angel is a model inmate and has not touched any of my corals in all the time I have had him.

Recent Posts