Dwarf angels together in coral tank? yes/no

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Heni, 13 Jun 2015.

1. Heni

Heni

Howzit gents I want to keep a couple of pygmy angels in my coral tank,iv
    got a black bean and want a jumping bean next.
    So here is my question are they gonna fight? what species of angels can I
    keep together in a reef tank ,my tank being a angel dominating tank.
    And post pics if u got a couple together.
    thx:thumbup:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

4. archiecrain

archiecrain

Small fish with big attitude....

In a big tank that they can establish territories and escape from one another Maybe...... Also depends on how long you black bean has been in the tank to establish itself. As it will attack anynew addition to the tank.

Hingis likes this.
  5. Hingis

Hingis

Agree with Archie here. Not sure about the beans, however have a coral Beauty that's been in the tank for a while and then I Got a bicolour angel.. Was not a wise move. Learnt the hard way.

6. Secondwave

Secondwave

I also tried it i had a flame angel in a two meter tank tried to add a coral beauty about five months later it didnt take ten minutes to find out i had a coral beauty with hardly any fins left, happy to say i removed the coral beauty popped him in a quiet tank and two weeks later all his fins were back to normal, i am sure if i left him in the two meter tank over night he would have been killed. I know people that have them in togeter BUT they were introduced to the tank at the same time

7. Heni

Heni Thread Starter

Wonder if u put a fish in that was bigger what will happen but different specie of coarse the black bean (centropyge multispinus)I caught.

8. Heni

Heni Thread Starter

Just to ad im crazy about him had a couple of aptasia in the tank and he sorted it out,still got some in the sump but nothing in main tank so I know he takes care of them and doesn't touch any of my lps or softies.

9. brentv

brentv

Heni if you want to add another centropyge,
    Best option with them being territorial is to catch your Multispinner out, if you can?
    Change your aqua scape, then add him with your other centropyges same time.

10. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

It is definatley possible to keep a assortment of pygmy angels together but size of species and habitat (hiding places) is of utmost importance when housing multiple angels together. I've kept 6 in a 4ft with very little quarreling but the tank was packed to the max with rock and each introduction smaller than its resident counterpart!

11. Heni

Heni Thread Starter

Thx Less what types did u keep and was that in ur coral tank?
    Thx Brent

12. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

lol you can see who doesnt live on the east coast here...not knowing what a "black bean" is. :p

You can keep multiple dwarf angels together...I had 5 at once in my 6ft tank. Most important thing is colour, similarity in shape and markings...if they are too similar in any of these all hell will break lose!

I had in order of introduction to the tank - Flame Angel, Argi, Coral Beauty, Vroliki and Black Bean...the Vroliki died and replaced him with a Jumping Bean before my tank came down. All of these lived together without any issues. Only dwarf angel I tried to introduce and failed...on 2 occassions...was a Golden Dwarf Angel...Flame and Coral Beauty took them out both times. :(

As long as the tank has enough rock work, caves and hidey holes for the angels to get away from one another and mark as their own territories you should be okay...that being said Black Bean being introduced first is not the best bet...they are aggro little fellas.

All the dwarf angels I kept didnt bother my corals at all...thats not to say that any someone else introduces of the same species will or wont...it comes down to the individual fish in most cases...some dwarves though like Lemon Peels are just more prone than others.

Recent Posts