DVD player help

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone clued up about audio visual equipment?

When I plug my dvd player into the wall plug I immediately get a loud scratchy static sort of humming sound coming through the speakers on the amp, yet the dvd player is only plugged into the wall ????

Thanks.

does the DVD player have a built in amp Dean?

I think so. It can drive it's own surround sound system.

There is nothing else plugged into or out of the dvd player, ONLY the power cable. Weird I know :lol: Something seems to be feeding back through the power cable.???

Just a guess but what else is on the circuit, anything with a heavy load could chuck some "dirty" electricity down the retuen (i.e. your skimmer pump, halides or chiller perhaps)

Just a guess but what else is on the circuit, anything with a heavy load could chuck some "dirty" electricity down the retuen (i.e. your skimmer pump, halides or chiller perhaps)
ummmm, it's kinda plugged into the same plug that my entire tank runs off :whistling:

There's an idea, let me wait for the halides to switch off and see if that makes a difference.

ummmm, it's kinda plugged into the same plug that my entire tank runs off :whistling:

There's an idea, let me wait for the halides to switch off and see if that makes a difference.

There is some kind of filter you can buy for delicate equipment (over here anyway) but you don't run and earth in your plugs so i don't know if it would be the same.

Ok, I'm guessing a filter will be a good start. Let me see what I can find tomorrow. Thanks.

To test it run the DVD player with an extension from another power point that uses a different CB (still may not work). Does the DVD player work? You can also try running it through a UPS. The power supply on the DVD player may be faulty, did you get it from HiFi Corporation?

Ok, will try the extension, hope I have one long enough, the player works perfectly. No I didn't get it from hifi corp. do they have a bad rep?

Are you talking about that oblong magnet that goes around the power cable?

What make of player is it?

Back
Top Bottom