Durban reefers

Thanks for the map Gareth ;)

I'm keen if I'm free, don't know yet though. This weekend would be the better option for the tides though, 22nd is going onto neaps and the NE'er usually pumps in the afternoon.

I'm a newbie guys, would love to join you. I can only confirm closer to the time.

The majority is plastic and the bottom is netting for the water to escape.
These nets aren't made for "scooping" the fish, you need tactically position your nets and chase the fish into them. You can also use the chaser to get in the ridges and under ledges.

Last edited:
I'm sure it will. Just to emphasize one again, if you are planning to collect specimens, please have a valid collection permit.

@Lord_Blackadder , Do you think it is worth going that weekend with neap tides?

My honest opinion… We should rather go Saturday 1 March - low is 9:56 0.14 meters
I have been diving Treasure for quite a few years and afternoon dives, as @Lord_Blackadder mentioned, is not so great in the afternoon. It's also going to be a lot higher on the 22nd - 0.74 meters. Huge difference!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't a suggestion the 15th of feb? Low tide on the 15th is at 10:15 and its a spring tide. I think it will be good if there is a fair amount of viz

Back
Top Bottom