Durban Marine suppliers

Reaction score
Hi to all

I need to purchase new lighting (T5) or advise on other.
Based in Margate KZN and need to find helpful suppliers in Durban area.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hello SCWeb! WOW! What a nice place to live. Also lived there for a while, a long long long time ago. Just so sorry that there's not really any economy. I take it you have your own business then?

BTW: A very WARM WELCOME To MASA!

You can contact one of the following:
- Northlands Pets (Sean Harrison) - they are close to the Makro in Springfield Park
- Eco Aquatics (Andrew)

Even though they are not sponsor, I have also heard of Julie's Pets in Gateway.... Not sure about the rest. I am quite sure some of our Dubanite fellow reefers will be able to assist further...

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
BTW: Do you know if there is a "The Lamphouse" in Durban area? See if you can find out. Today I bought 2 x 54watt 10000K T5's and 2 x 54watt actinic T5's... cost me a total of R316.... They are Sylvania brand.... VERY good value for money....
Perhaps not in the same class as ATI, or Geissemann, but definitely very good still though.....

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Andreas - those are indeed DE globes.

SCWEB - I am sorry that I might have side-tracked this thread of yours. You were also looking for actual lighting units as well? I am quite sure these guys that I have mentioned would be able to help you with the units.

"The Lamphouse" only sells globes...

Reaction score
There was a shop in the mall at Uvongo(if I remember correctly... ) when I last visited on vacation. Just beware, they are VERY expensive with lifestock! Last year they charged R75 for a FW Clown Loatch!!!

Reaction score
They in brickworks road. Brought 2 X T12 Lights 3 foot 10000 Calvin Reeftech and a Blue Reeftech yesterday for R164. 00