Durban airport tank burst

Reaction score
guys , i just got a call from a mate saying that the tank @ dbn int airport has burst.

can someone get more info / pics

Dude, just heard the same thing. Going to take a drive there at lunch and have a look. Eish is all I can say. Will take some pics.

cannot believe it, hope they can save all the livestock and the corals thats the most important.

believe it happened yesterday and it was mentioned on eastcoast radio.
does anyone know if they managed to save the fish, it must have been havok everywhere. and the last on the list would have been the fish and corals.

from what my mate heard from the staff at one of the shops , the fish were saved ...

Confirmed the tank did go and most of the live stock was saved.

I was there when the glass panels were placed. I am curious to know what happened. Did the one of the glass panels go or was it perhaps one of the columns?

Anyone looking for a home for that gemmatum I'd be glad to look after it for a while...

I was there when the glass panels were placed. I am curious to know what happened. Did the one of the glass panels go or was it perhaps one of the columns?
From what i understand it was the smallest glass panel.

Thats hectic ! Aqua africa wil have some work to do

i believe there may be more than meets the eye........apparantlythe airports authority is investigating some survailance tapes...........another thought "besides the glass giving way" is that remember that panel that did go is where all the kids congregate and point at the fish......i would'nt be suprised if one did'nt bang the glass with a toy or something....
anyway at least the livestock is okay, the sad thing is i reccon that until the new airport is built in la mercy......we may sadly loose a big tank for a while......anyway i for one offer george may help should he require it.....

Will be interesting to hear what the tapes reveal.

It's always a sad story to hear of (usually) such a thing of beauty as a beautiful marine tank, bursting, or something bad happen to it....... and the possible loss of life-stock....
Just taken into account the effort and work that goes into a marine aquarium.....

Back
Top Bottom