Durban Airport Aquarium

Reaction score
Good news is that the tank has been repaired, aquascaped and filled.

Some pics of the progress so far.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

We will keep u posted on the progress.

Cool, looks huge, what happened to it? The news didn't reach the UK yet:whistling:

It died... Apparently some kid hit his toy against the glass or something and it shattered. It needed to be redone though, substrate looked like old kitty litter and tons of cyano etc.

That's why it broke, our kids all play with spark plugs LOL

was there last week but at like 12pm and the lights were off. i could however see that there were corals and fish, how about sum pics of them?

is it that easy to brake glass??Never tried it except for car windows[/quote]:lol: :lol: :lol:

does look like a lovely tank, and brilliant that its getting redone, especially in such a public display. I always think its good to get people to see well run systems with our beautiful cratures in it, it always stimulates minds to get going and have a point to aim at.

wow that's really not looking good!reminds me of Dean's old tank:whistling:

The Tank is going through an algae bloom due to the rocks leaching out 4 months of dryness before the airport decided to repair it or not.
So a little patience and things should be back to normal in a few months. happy to say no fish have been lost. Had a 1000 litrwe water change last week and things got worse so we are using aggresive phosphate and carbon at the moment.
The algae is comming off at an alarming rate, on its own filters are now changed 3 x week to remove the algae.
I will post new pics in a couple of weeks
We also added 6mm polycarbonate infront of the glass to stop the public scratching the glass which also changes the look of the tank.

George

George - for the goal what you are trying to achieve - your scaping is 100% good enough. Not sure what corals you planned to have in the tank. But might be a better idea to have some "resilient" fish only in there....

Back
Top Bottom