Dumpies Display Tank

So sorry to hear about the loss!

Think Gesiggie's questions is on the ball.

Who took care of the tank in the days you were gone?

My wife

she just fed the fish on the sat night, and the sunday they were all dead ...

she did say that the skimmer was overskimming on the sunday morning, but that was from all the dead fish in the water i would asume

Any chance it was a newly opened container of food( fed for the first time)?

I guess they died as they were linked to my heart.... and they couldnt handle the heart attack

Last edited:
Glad you lived to tell the tale.:)
still confused as to possible causes for your fish losses, though.
Did you perhaps have any poisonous inmates in the tank like cucumbers, sea apples or others?

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I was recently in hospital for a few days, and while in hospital got a call from my wife first thing in morning all my fish where dead... every single one...

To this day i cant figure out why, as they were all healthy before i went into hospital. All my shrimp, hermits and corals are fine... its seems like the fish just died over night. I ve tested the water since getting back from hospital and all the paramters are normal.

Any body ever experience the same kind of problem?

I had the same thing when I set up my tank, it had been running well for a few months, got home and the skimmer was going crazy. 90% of the fish were dead but all the corals were fine. The remaining fish looked a bit stressed. I did nothing differently that day, went to work, came home dead fish. Ran carbon just in case for a few days. It was awful fishing out all these dead fish for the next few days :(

Sorry about your loss, don't give up though.

with having an empty tank, thought i would change things around... kind of like the new setup.. tank looks cleaner

New Layout 1.jpg

New Layout 2.jpg

New layout 3.jpg

New Layout 4.jpg

New Layout 5.jpg

New Layout 6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom