DT background Types

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Drk, 21 Aug 2009.

1. Drk

Drk

Which back grounds is the best? I've seen some using a plain colour background (blue, Black) either a board or painted. Moulded fibre glass have also been used.

I've made a background of cement and is looks greate. My current tank at this moment is full of hair algea but some places the background is started to be colonised by cualerpa. When viewed from the front it look like a Drop off or a rockpool.

What back ground is the best?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Drk - I presume that you mean on the OUTSIDE of the tank, right? Sorry if the question may seem daft.

There was a poll on here, not too long ago. I think that most people preferred a darker colored background.

You can investigate something like thin ABS sheeting, or perhaps even the stuff that windows tinting is made of.....

Or painting - but just take care that the paint does not get into the tank in any way...

4. Drk

Drk Thread Starter

Just in general.

I do not like the outside backgrounds that much. If water gets between the sheeting and the tank it looks bad. Ive tried you can seal it as you want but water will get in there somehow.

Currently my cement background is inside and look like a part of the LR as my LR are stacked up against it. with enough spaces for water movement.

Recent Posts