dsb seeder wanted

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
or northriding?

Reaction score
Hey Gemini9421.If you put a strip of glass on the first division between the skimmer and the dsb then you wont have a problem with the arag being disturbed anymore.
0002006B.gif

Reaction score
When you get a cup of sand to seed the DSB, do you just put in on top of the DSB sand? or is it advisable to dig a bit of a hole in your DSB and fill it with your seed sand?

Reaction score
When you get a cup of sand to seed the DSB, do you just put in on top of the DSB sand? or is it advisable to dig a bit of a hole in your DSB and fill it with your seed sand?
No just put on top, don't want to upset your bacteria deep down

Reaction score
I got a brand new DSB (1 week old), i doubt i got any bacteria in there. Still just put the seed sand on the top?

Reaction score
oh the pvc is for a algae scrubber thanks goodisor i was planing that the only problem is i need to stop the sump for 24hrs let the silicone dry and i ont know if that is a good idea

Reaction score
oh the pvc is for a algae scrubber thanks goodisor i was planing that the only problem is i need to stop the sump for 24hrs let the silicone dry and i ont know if that is a good idea
Generally not good, but why does the whole sump have to be shutdown ?

Reaction score
You dont need to shut down for 24 hrs.just 2 0r 3 will be fine.The silicon will be set by then and its not a structural point,just needs to stay in place to deflect the flow.
00020069.gif

Reaction score
wont the silicone leach some bad stuff into the water if water flows over it after 2 hours or so of drying

Reaction score
I just assumed that the Marine silicon was safe to use and I used without concern.On the other hand I dont have much in my tank.What i do have showed no negative signs and when I had my water tested there was no sign of anything abnormal.I think it should be cool but..............GURUS Where are you???
00020072.gif

Reaction score
that is what i think i am not sure it might leach some think we cant test some nasty industrial chemicals

Reaction score
that is what i think i am not sure it might leach some think we cant test some nasty industrial chemicals
I have had freshly cured silicon (less than 2 hours) in contact with my tank water, with no ill effects, but to have a totally true answer, would have to ask Hennie (Reef maniac)