DSB remote or filter SIPORAX?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Edimar_Oliveira, 1 Apr 2012.

1. Edimar_Oliveira

Edimar_Oliveira

Dear, I have seen much progress on my refuge, and came to the conclusion that it will be impossible to keep it the way you originally designed. He was placed above the main tank.

First problem is to adjust the lighting and visibility of the refuge, or in my case, the light from the lamp aquarium interfere in it, and thus, can not do photo-period reversed. If I lower the rail (desirable), the refuge will be hidden and to have better visibility of it I would have to raise the rail, which does not think appropriate.

The second problem is access, very complicated because I had to put him in the lighting fitting lid, hindering maintenance.

The third point is that, given a situation off, I have flatworms in the event of a Wrasse that I can actually take care of them, could not do that in the refuge, being then a permanent source of creation of flatworms.

The fourth point is that I do not think he has been the ideal place for receiving water coming from the sump and therefore already passed through the skimmer and theoretically, there is a nutrient-rich water to feed the system.

In advance, notice that only utilize chemical to end the flatworm biological control did not work. This would be my "z" option.

So I thought about removing everything in it, pass the seaweeds to another tank (planted intend to do a marine, but not a priority) and fill the sanctuary with the substrate, causing a DSB or fill it (it will take, due to price) in siporax.

And then someone suggested? Or any other ideas "saving"?

In the photo, you can get an idea of ​​how it is.

[​IMG]

Huges,

Last edited: 1 Apr 2012
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Nice little system.

The substrate is too deep, a lot of detritus will be stuck in there.

Is the tank drilled? with a overflow?

How deep is the refuge?

4. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

Nice tank! I echo what @RiaanP asked
    More details please? :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. Edimar_Oliveira

Edimar_Oliveira Thread Starter

Hi, RiaanP and butcherman! It is an aquarium that was built gradually. The onset of maturation occurred in June 2011. I have sump yes, climate control (heating / cooling) and a Reef Octopus skimmer 6530b. I have many bioturbadores, two Lysmata wurdemanni, and a cucumber detritivore which I suppose will not let dirt accumulate.

The water comes from the sump, falls into the refuge and then goes to the display. But the backlight interferes with the refuge, because they are very close. The algae also need light of different corals, hence the difficulty in making, for example, reversed photoperiod.

I'm more inclined to remove the shelter and set up a planted marine unplugged it ...

hugs,

6. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

ok, first try to put black ABS plastic sheet against the refugium. To block off the light from the display.

If that does not work, then maybe look into rebuilding the refugium in sump area.

7. Edimar_Oliveira

Edimar_Oliveira Thread Starter

If I put a plate to avoid the lights display, lose the visibility of what happens in the refuge, then, would not solve the issue.

I chose to remove the refuge. The aquarium was even brighter, why, as the refuge was supported by the locks, cast a shadow on the glass bottom of the aquarium. This region is now much better lit!

I appreciate the tips and suggestions ...:thumbup:

hugs,

Recent Posts