DSB In Display Tank - What critters will survive

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by silver phanton, 4 May 2009.

1. silver phanton

silver phanton

Hi,

Need some help here, I am looking to house a dsb(15cm) in the main display tank, I want to keep hermit crabs/shrims and sand shifting gobies,

Will be running a dsb in the sump as well.

Will the bed actually work?

I have read this thread but need a bit more info DSB in display tank - Page 2 - Beginner Discussions

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi Silver Phanton - YES - it will work. The biggest reason why people DON'T do it, is because of keeping SPS - the amount of water flow required can move the substrate around a little bit.

I have a DSB in my tank - my fish, hermits, and everything else LOVES it. (the DSB). My DSB is also a AWESOME source of food (ie. adds to phyto- and zoo-plankton in my tank - feeding both my fish, as well as my corals).....

I also have a DSB in my sump..

4. seank

seank

Also have a dsb in display and at night you can see zillions of goggas moving around, as well as worms etc

5. Jaak

Jaak

Just a thought, maybe keep only one sand sifting gobie as they will rearrange your entire tank looking for food. And also secure your LR as they do dig next the LR causing it to tumble.

6. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

The other problem with gobies are that they take a mouthfull of sand, swim up 10-15 cm and sif it out. Dropping sand and subtrate all over the lower rocks. So either have a steep high pile, or blow your rocks clean 3 times a week.

Recent Posts