Drip filter

Wetty

Tuned by Tunze, turboed by Red Sea
Reaction score
not sure wot its called...but the corner section of a marine tank....how high must the walls be compared to the over height of the tank....or wots the gap between the height of the overflow wall and the top of the tank?

Not sure how to explain my Q :)

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
The over flow or weir top should be around 15mm from the underneath of the brace bars.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Wetty - you have mentioned the word already: OVERFLOW
The overflow is the area where the tank surface water gets skimmed off, to go down to the sump for skimming and filtration.
The overflow height will determine the water level height of the tank (together with the return pump pumping water from the sump back into the tank, of course). The higher the overflow - the higher the water level inside the tank.

The actual height will depend on whether your tank has bracing or not. The level is usually +-1.5 to 2cm below the bracing. The water level will then be at this height in the display tank. The water surface will then be "skimmed" by the water going over the top of the overflow.

Hope you understand what I am trying to explain.

Wetty

Tuned by Tunze, turboed by Red Sea
Reaction score
Hi Wetty - you have mentioned the word already: OVERFLOW
The overflow is the area where the tank surface water gets skimmed off, to go down to the sump for skimming and filtration.
The overflow height will determine the water level height of the tank (together with the return pump pumping water from the sump back into the tank, of course). The higher the overflow - the higher the water level inside the tank.

The actual height will depend on whether your tank has bracing or not. The level is usually +-1.5 to 2cm below the bracing. The water level will then be at this height in the display tank. The water surface will then be "skimmed" by the water going over the top of the overflow.

Hope you understand what I am trying to explain.
I understand wot both of u meant....jsut didnt know how to say it or the terminology. lol lol

But 2cm will do for me ...fanx