Drinking RO

Reaction score
Hi Guys - I've never used RO before and considering options for my new system.

Can I drink RO water or modify a RO unit so that I can clean the dirty tap water in my house to such a degree that its drinkable. The goal here is to have a unit that provides my family with clean water and my system with RO.

Hey Christiaan.The waste water is safe for drinking.Remember you cannot store it though.

Is it safer than the dirty tap water that went in originally - my tap water smells and I dont trust it . . .

why cant it keep what happens?

Thanks guys

Okay so maybe I dont understand RO units very well - please help me clarify . . .

First water is filtered by carbon and then foam and then sent tru the membrane???

Will the first stages clean the water enough to drink it -

why cant it keep what happens?
RO water has been stripped of all chemicals like chlorine etc. which means it is now an ideal environment for bacteria to grow, and bacteria makes you sick, so if you want to drink your RO or your waste water, refrigerate it so that bacteria can't grow in it.

Why would anyone want to drink R/O waste water - seems about the same as drinking your own urine?

Water is the only universal solvent. Strip it, of its minerals and elements it becomes a very effective solvent. Bad for your health. It also tastes gunky

i allows sit next to my unit with the waste water pipe in my mouth:lol:
didnt think it would do any harm

Thanks guys alwas something i dont know.

What is the TDS of normal water?

Okay so lets try this another way

I've got crappy tap water at my home

I have to buy water to drink

Is there a way that I can get Both RO water for my tank and great drinking water for my family out of one unit?

Much appreciated. . .

Okay so lets try this another way

I've got crappy tap water at my home

I have to buy water to drink

Is there a way that I can get Both RO water for my tank and great drinking water for my family out of one unit?

Much appreciated. . .
As far as i know.The waste water is safe to drink.Not the the water that has gone through the membrane (Water we use for our tanks).

Why would anyone want to drink R/O waste water - seems about the same as drinking your own urine?
Chuckle chuckle. Agree.
Not so long ago i read an article on alkalizers which you mix with water that have amazing medicinal effects. You can also buy units that conected to your main water supply provide alkalized water. Could just be money making hype but at the time m,ade a lot of sense

Back
Top Bottom