Drilling of 4mm glass in durban ?

Reaction score
hi guys

any one out there that can recommend me a company or a person that can drill my 2ft 4mm glass tank for me, im basicly looking for a 1inch hole to be drilled...

thanx

Dude,If you take it to Glass and Mirror street in Windor street,They will do it for you for under R30.00

i have one( don't want to stand and cut glass the whole week, and the chances of me cracking the glass is very good), but i think a a drill will do it quicker

You get different sizes of the drill bits. Its so easy to drill it yourself but first practice 2-3 times on a plane peace of glass.

i have spoken to a couple guyz and they have said that should the tank be made up already then the chances of drilling with out cracking it is very slim and they dont wanna take that chance, looks like i have to go with the overflow box then:(

Hi OCELLARIS,

Me again ;)
Someone came around and drilled 3 tanks for me, and everything went well. So, if it's done correctly, the chances of breaking it isn't very large.

You'll also get lots more additional help on this forum for your endeavour. :)

thanx abgg118

i just have to get the right person thats closest to me in durban that can
perform this action, but since i dont work the weekend what i would do is just call around a couple glass companies and see if they can render their help
to me with accuracy... i will keep you posted if i get my help or not ;)

apparently there is only one company that drill in duban.they are situated in pinetown.i think that it's the same place where most of the glass shops buy their glass from(supplier). i personally prefer a over flow box:)

hi Andreas ...
tell me have you ever had a problem with the overflow box
when the power is out and then back on with regards to the
syphioning, i do have off cuts of glass left around if it can be made from it,
can you probably help me build it up with detailed description please
as im afraid to have the tank drilled and to have it crack again
i have a 600mm x 300mm x 300mm display tank

thanx

Back
Top Bottom