Drilling a jebo

Reaction score
is it possible to drill a jebo tank as its not glass, but acylic(spelling).
want to install a sump for my sisters tank as its a pain with out one.
i heard it can be cut with a hack saw?

thanks for the help in advance:thumbup:

hack saw will make it very untidy. rather use a glass cookie cutter. a 30mm drill bit is like 100 bucks. ask lanzo where he got his!

Just make 100% sure, mine was made of tempered glass! It will shatter when drilled!

good luck dude!

try and warm up a peace of metal and see if it melts, if not, then you know you cant drill

Don't drill as the glass would shatter! Why not rather go for a overflow box, will be about R400 but will save the tank!

76048c3b9071981f.jpg
Hi Gaz, this is the one by Reef Octo, you would be able to get it from any Reef Octo stockist, believe it is about 400 bucks, might be wrong though! You not going to be using the built-in filter then, so just cut a hole in the back of your canopy where the filter used to be!:thumbup:

I also hav a jebo and didnt want to risk drilling so usin the above overflow, altho couldnt get it for under R800. Theres alot of DIY versions out there tho.

Sheldon

Instead of drilling a tank, just an idea which has worked well for me and my 700l tank, I installed a 2000Va UPS, purchased for R 2020.00 from local computer shop. This gives my gravity fed sump, return pump of 2400l/h or 35 watt, 3hrs run time in the event of a power cut, the alarm company calls me if there is a power cut, I then know I have 3 hrs to get home. The expensive way is to put valves in at R3000.00 a pop. Hope this helps.:wave2:

Other option is to have a sump that's above the tank. That way you need a pump in the tank (or next to/behind if you have it "suck" through a pipe) and an overflow on the sump that goes back down to the tank.

Thats what i am using, with a home made skimming box for the return pump.
So if the sump breaks, the pump wont empty the display tank. :D
Just make sure the sump does not overflow the display tank if the power fails, therefore a 20mm water level must be maintained below the rim of the tank.

The auto top up system sensor is then in the display tank, and its level is kept constant with RO.

isnt the back glass normal glass? I think just the base is tempered

Back
Top Bottom