Drill Bit Leaching

Reaction score
I think i may have a problem? I spent the day drilling and epoxying rock and corals. At some point during the day i broke a 2mm drill bit, but was not sure in which rock. How long will it take for the drill bit to completely dissolve and will the leaching create a problem.

bit off topic.what type of bit is it Sean?is it a concrete bit?and are you using the drill on hammer or normal?

I think i may have a problem? I spent the day drilling and epoxying rock and corals. At some point during the day i broke a 2mm drill bit, but was not sure in which rock. How long will it take for the drill bit to completely dissolve and will the leaching create a problem.

Normal drillbit would be D2 toolsteel or so, man it will rust in no time, infact most prob rusting as we speak, but leaching, mhh I dont think it should be a problem, obviously if you can get it out, if not mhh letd here what the chemical guys say

Any idea what the bit is made of? Is it just the normal run of the mill bit?

Masonary bit, i really dont think you should fret but I could be wrong, 2mm tip cant be much metal, my king 3's are rusting in the back but hey i will change them one day

Sean I think you will be fine, there's probably a bit of metal in all of our tanks, some phosphate removers contain metal. A tip off a 2mm bit is so small it won't make much difference. If anything it will enhance your blue colours :p

Back
Top Bottom