Dre's Infinity Aqua 120

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks' started by Dre, 6 Jun 2015.

1. Dre

Dre

So the day has finally come. I have setup my new tank and I thought that I would share it with you all. This will be my second tank and hopefully not my last The tank is an Infinity Aqua 120 and I must say that I am very impressed with the quality and style of this tank. For the live rock I have used Real Reef that I have put together with putty and I am very happy with the final result. I am currently running Thrive Bio Stimulant Crush in the media reactor and will be preparing the system with Red Sea Reef Mature Pro Kit.

For now I am waiting for the temperature to increase to 27 in order to finalise the Spacific Gravity because apparently it is related to the temperature. Currently it is at 22.9 degrees and 1.023.

Question. Am I doing this right or should I change anything? Also should I run the skimmer or not? In the Reef mature kit it says that I should run the lights for 10 hours a day. Is this correct?

Here are some pics. Enjoy and hopefully soon I will be able to add some more interesting pics ☺

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dian6430

Dian6430

Lights you do not run in cycle process it will cause algea. Also temp only to 25 degrees

4. Dre

Dre Thread Starter

OK thanks but in the kit it says that it should have an algae cycle as well but it will go away? Has anyone used the Reef Mature Kit before? If so what are your thoughts?

5. CameL

CameL

I agree, you will have algae blooms of various types of algae, my tank got diatoms then major hair algae, just stuck with my filtration and manual removal, eventually i have no hair algae, but many different types of macro algae, which in my opinion is beautiful. Also, one needs to remember that algae must grow somewhere in the aquarium, that's why the idea of an algae scrubber is just giving the algae free reign to grow somewhere of your choice.

6. Dre

Dre Thread Starter

So here is an update. Almost done with the Reef Mature Pro Kit but I have had a bad outbreak of algae. Not sure if this is normal and it will eventually go away or if im doing something wrong. I will be doing test tonight to let you know what they are at the moment. Any advise will help. Thanks uploadfromtaptalk1434989686783.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434989686783.jpg

7. erratiC

erratiC

What do your phosphate/nitrate test kits tell you?

8. devesh.r

devesh.r

Neat looking tank.

Recent Posts