Don't know what skimmer to buy, HELP!

Reaction score
:wave2: HEY HEY HEY:wave2:
HELP WANTED PLZ!!!

MY diy sump dimensions is:

800(L) x 380(b) x 324(h) ((mm))

1st chamber dimension for skimmer is:

230(L) x 380(b) x 324(h) ((mm))
and the max hight for a skimmer to fit is 420(h) ((mm))

None of the skimmers at my LFS can fit in my sump, the (b x L) of all the skimmers will fit but the higt won't do it.The space between my sump floor and top of my cabnet is 430mm and most of the small skimmers is 450-500mm tall.

My LFS told my i won't get any smaller than that, then he said i must buy either the Weipro 2012 ( 510(h) x 102(l)mm ) for R880
OR
Weipro 213 (590(h) x 102(l)mm) for R1060
Both of them work external!!!!
I don't want to go for a hang on skimmer(that little box thing, imo that thing is crap).
I want a skimmer that will fit internal in my 1st chamber and if i can't then i must go external.
PLZ help;) . (i'm now running a crap little queen skimmer)

and i saw this via aqua skimmer for R800 it night fit but my lfs told me that skimmer is kak.:nono:

id defnatley look into a ts1

Hi Lanzo - see if you can get hold of a Red Sea Prizm Pro Deluxe (I know - some people will also say this skimmer is crap - BUT - it's working perfectly well on my 2 metre setup..... It's pulling out crap that's actually darker and stinkier than my ReefTek TS2 (well up till very recently that is!).....
This skimmer is JUST about 400 or 410.... AND, I would say it's MUCH better than Via Aqua, or WeiPro..... (I have a WeiPro 2013 on my FOWLR tank).... Not sure of the pricing though.

Check with Andrew (Millepora/Eco Aquatics) wether his ReefTek TS1 would be able to fit into those dimensions you have available....

how can i check with Andrew (Millepora/Eco Aquatics)
Where can i find the prizm pro, how is the $$$$

O.k i send him a pm, what must i do now???
How big is that delux skimmer you got jaques???

The TS1 is to tall for my specs (450mm tall)

O.k i send him a pm, what must i do now???
How big is that delux skimmer you got jaques???

The TS1 is to tall for my specs (450mm tall)

The ReefTek skimmers and reefOctos are the Best bang for your buck when it comes to skimmers

jacquesb I tell you guys that my Red Sea Prizm Pro will give the ReefTek TS1 a HUGE run for it's skimmate! ;-)
If I remember correctly a Prizm Pro is about Thrice the price;)

Lanzo, see if you cant make a plan to make a TS1 or 2 fit, A good skimmer will be the best investment you can make on your tank

The AM Blue 1000 is about the same size, good skimmer I believe but then its about R1600 I think.

i can get a ts1 from my lfs for R1300
Is that a a good price or not?
What about the Weipro 213 (590(h) x 102(l)mm) for R1060
is this a good skimmer or not?

Too expensive for the TS1, millepora has them on special for about R890 I think.

Weipro are not very popular skimmers, although they can be tuned to work slightly better but nevertheless, not very good skimmers.

o.k, millepora is eco aqautics?
I talked to paula.she said something about specials.
So the migority says TS1.
I'll try to get 1.

also getting a ts1 from andrew today ! great little skimmer

Back
Top Bottom