Dogs

Discussion in 'Sports and Lifestyle' started by chikaboo, 1 Aug 2009.

1. chikaboo

chikaboo

Not to burst anybodies bubble guys but German Sheppherd's are awesome awesome pets and watchdogs - unfortunately only if you dont have young ones around the house that you gonna pay alot of attention to - They magnificent dogs cant handle the green eyed monster very well but I'm sure the guys here are into dogs as well (I think Tobes) pm him and ask to make double sure!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

Wth is "the green eyed monster" ???

Considering getting an australian shepherd myself...
    [​IMG]

4. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

What alot of US suffer from here on this site! Jealousy! But most of us control and we cant do much through our pc - unfortunately this breed of dog tends to turn on the children if it finds too much attention being paid to the little ones! We've had 5 of them so far - from mixed "pavement specials" to 2 thorough breds down a 14 generation lineage! They are very cool dogs - except for that one downfall - I am not sure about the Australian shepphered though Rory but they look more like belonging to the collie family - Riyaad why not open a new thread asking the guys on the forum about their experiences with this species of dogs - I know there are members here that are big into dogs and I'm sure they will be able to put your worries to rest - Sorry for hijacking this thread guys!

5. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Thankx Mods - just looking out for a fellow reefer and his families well being with these posts! Anybody else have experience with these breed of dog - And once again :imsorry: for offending anyone!

6. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

With any breed of dog there can be some jealousy (or to put it in dog terms, dictating the pack order) as long as you treat the dog as a dog and not a child it will soon fall into it's place in the pack, always treat/feed humans before dogs in the house and be the pack leader and the dog will be a happier and stable animal.

7. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Personally I would go for the Swiss White Shepherd over the GSD. People should go though a aptitude test before they get dogs to see what dog fits with their personality and environment, to many people buy dogs for the wrong reason. I get so many phone calls from people wanting to buy Poms for their little girls etc, what they think is they are small dogs for children. What they dont realize is they are also fragile dogs that will probable snap are their little girl. I the show ring I have heard of more Judges been bitten by toy breeds than any other breed. If you have lot's of children and want them rounded up get a Aussie but then also remember they my also snap at the kids as that is what they do with cattle if they don't listen. All dogs are gr8 in the correct environment, and family.

8. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

i could not agree more ....... and further to your points, people must realize the level of work that some breeds demand ..... I have a malamunt husky for example.... a wonderful dog with a very gentle nature, but she needs a lot of work in order for her to "behave" she is a pack animal and her environment must reflect this !

Here is a pic of my girl Chuska !

[​IMG]

9. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

If you looking for a loyal family pet and a good watchdog...you cant go wrong with one of these -

[​IMG]

Recent Posts