Does Soft Corals Detox?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Jaco Schoeman, 22 Jan 2010.

1. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman

Hey members

I have been wondering about something. We all know that Leathers, musrhooms, pincushions etc close up for a few days, then they shed "skin" and then open up once more.

Well, I have had this same behavior from my Menella Gorgonian. It closed for almost a week, and I really thought by now I lost it, but I saw this morning it had started extending it's polyps once more.

Does the coral do a type of detox do you think?

2. Guest

3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi Jaco - I am not sure about "detox". What I do know, that, when they "sulk" is when they actually digest the food they have eaten, and they actually grow during this time.
    The menella gorgonian is (as far as I can remember - I might have this wrong though), similar to soft-corals....

Recent Posts