Does Aiptasia-X really work

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My Aiptasia is starting to explode - had one or 2 a few months ago, now have well over 25 or so ....

Does Aiptasia-X really work ?

I am not the biggest fan of adding chemicals to my tank but I have tried the natural predator route (Filefish) and while it does work, the fish eventually stop eating the Aiptasia and wait to be fed frozen or they start going for the corals.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Victor

yes it does.

Big ones will spawn as you attack them, they will create babies at other places.

You need to redo the killing spree before the new babies are mature enough to spawn. According to the guy from Red Sea when he was out here it is 43 days. Odd number I do agree. I would say at least once a month go and kill them.

Or if you are worried about the chemical impact. Then do one half of the tank every second week. until they are all gone.

@RiaanP which product are you then suggesting ? The paste ? I see there is also a liquid that can be added to the water .... or am i wrong ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Used the paste. Got an Aiptasia Zapper now.... Ohhh... so much fun....

Last edited:
@RiaanP which product are you then suggesting ? The paste ? I see there is also a liquid that can be added to the water .... or am i wrong ?

we at second wave have some of the liquid apstasia x but i would rather ad an apstasia eating file fish if you have corals if not a butterfly fish will eat it up for you

Aiptasia X works like a bomb

Cut off the pumps, inject right in the middle so it wraps around the liquid and retracts taking paste that forms in

Steady hands and stealth mode does the trick

Back
Top Bottom