1. Two Oceans Aquatic S&S

Two Oceans Aquatic S&S

Did anyone else watch the documentry on 103 about the killing of dolphins in Japan. This is by far the most disgusting thing I have ever seen man do I am shocked. How does this get stopped, I recon a world wide boycott of products from Japan is the way. Personally I am going to make sure I purchase nothing from Japan in the future. Or is there a better way we as individuals can make a impact ?

Trev

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. timhar99

timhar99

I assume you are referring to 'the cove' (sorry not in SA, so don't know what was on). If not, I was very teary eyed while watching that. I too felt the same but then once you calm down and become rational again, you realise that it is obviously only a few who benefit from this trade and corruption up to the highest level obviously makes sure that this is still allowed in today's society. If you take the view of boycotting, then by that moral standing you should boycott all goods from china, Taiwan, Congo etc etc etc as all these countries are known for their animal abuse. I'm sure you still buy fish from Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and these countries are known to have some people using cyanide to catch fish. As I said, a few making a sh!t name for the whole country, you need not look further than SA to understand this point!!!
    So while I fully agree with you about how horrific the deed is, boycotting their products is not a solution. I would say rather support those who are trying to make this news known to Japan's public because if you watch the cove you realise that not many Japanese know to much about what is going on. There needs to be pressure from within and cultures and beliefs need to adapt to today's modern society, a tough task!

4. timhar99

timhar99

One way I can think would be supporting a brand that guarantees dolphin free products. Much like how buying MAC approved fish guarantees cyanide free fish. Just have to pay that bit extra to make sure you are eating dolphin free tuna! If everyone did this, there would be no demand for unapproved products and they go out of business while still allowing the Japanese fishers to keep their jobs, win-win (except for the dolphin fishers)

5. Two Oceans Aquatic S&S

Two Oceans Aquatic S&S Thread Starter

Yes Tim it was the cove, terribly sad. Yes most of the public didnt know about this it seems. Hope you are doing well in Ned.

Trev

6. nico.m.ferreira

nico.m.ferreira

I agree but the problem is it seems those b@stards like killing and destroying so I don't think that they will stop

7. Tremayn

Tremayn

that doc made me so angry.. poor dolphins :(

8. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Trev, this has been on MASA before, I think if you Google Rick O'Barry, he has a petition running

9. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Trev watch Shark waters then we see disgusting!!!!

Recent Posts