Do you have green bubble algae, caulerpa, or green hair algae??

Reaction score
Hi fellow MASA people,

I am doing my Masters in Marine Bio at the University of KZN :swim:I am studying the critters that come in on and inhabit live rock. Specifically, I study the genes of these critters that allow them to be hardy and which genes cause them to potentially invade and become pesty. My hope is that this research will ultimately end up providing marine aquarium chemical companies with information to be able to produce better chemicals that can control these pesty critters. I have done a lot of work on the Horrible glass anemone, Aiptasia.

My request and point of this post is to ask any marine aquarium keepers in the Durban area if they are willing to part with samples of green bubble algae, hair algae, or caulerpa. And if possible, even any other pesty invert's that they have in their tanks.

I kindly ask for your help. It will be much appreciated and beneficial to aquarium keeping :m106::thumbup::thumbup:
:swim::swim::swim::swim::swim::swim::swim::swim::swim::swim::swim::swim:

Reaction score
If no-one in Durban can give you any, I'm in Pmb and I have lots of bubble algae - you can have as much as you want. My daughter drives through to Kloof/Hillcrest/Musgrace twice a week and she can bring some down for you.

Reaction score
If no-one in Durban can give you any, I'm in Pmb and I have lots of bubble algae - you can have as much as you want. My daughter drives through to Kloof/Hillcrest/Musgrace twice a week and she can bring some down for you.
Wow! Thank you @colins. This will be very helpful :slayer: I will message you privately shortly to make arrangements.

Top Bottom