Do I spot Clown Eggs?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Is this what I think it is?
DSCF3498.jpg

This is close to the nemmie and the clowns are frequently visiting this area...

yip that is clown eggs, well done you are a "oupa"

now get some green water:yeahdude:

i think there is still time for it, you need to ensure that no other fish will eat them, watch out for internal pumps

if i where you i'll hook up a extra tank to your system for the fry, but i'm no expert

Thats cool! Sorry to rain on your parade but it takes alot of time and unless you have a proper setup to house the eggs and the time to maintain their needs don't waste your time. You'll only get disappointed. I thought about raising them as well and after doing alot of research on the matter I changed my mind. The eggs are probably on a rock that is on the very bottom of your aquascape and it is not worth disturbing your tank getting it out. And as for using a turkey baster or syphoning them out they will most likely get damaged. The clowns will continue to spawn as mine do every 3 weeks. Just another topic of conversation when someone is looking at my tank. But good luck to you if you try to attempt to raise them.

That's awesome!

Thats cool! Sorry to rain on your parade but it takes alot of time and unless you have a proper setup to house the eggs and the time to maintain their needs don't waste your time. You'll only get disappointed. I thought about raising them as well and after doing alot of research on the matter I changed my mind. The eggs are probably on a rock that is on the very bottom of your aquascape and it is not worth disturbing your tank getting it out. And as for using a turkey baster or syphoning them out they will most likely get damaged. The clowns will continue to spawn as mine do every 3 weeks. Just another topic of conversation when someone is looking at my tank. But good luck to you if you try to attempt to raise them.

That's sad news but thru many people try to raise them and failed but at lest you can try keep your ears on the ground for all the iv you can get and, good luck.! ;)

What do these little guys eat in the wild?
I'm going to try something different.
I'll make a dark spot in my sump, with VERY little flow.
I have some cheato which I'll put in that dark spot.
Then make a very fine food mixture (shrimp/hake/nori/flakes) - This must be extremely fine...It must be close to a watery mix.
I'll try to feed the little ones with it - and see if it works...
Or am I waisting my time?

Last edited:
Hennie (ReefManiac) - what do you think of my plan above?
I know that you have allot of experience with breeding clown fish (your articles on this topic are all over the world!)

1. Where can I get some rotifers?
2. Can't I feed them small brineshrimp?

You can culture some rotifers. I bought some from LFS, they have to be refridergated. The ones I got were not visible to my eye. They were 0.5mm long apparently. I would put the eggs in a totally seperate tank with only an airstone if I was you.

Back
Top Bottom