Do I have enough LR? I've been adding a couple pieces at a time.

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Dlaria, 14 Aug 2011.

1. Dlaria

Dlaria

Do I have enough LR? I've been adding a couple pieces at a time and have no idea how many lbs are in there. I've discovered I have no talent for aqua-scaping. :(

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

lol, I hate aqusacaping, I end up getting so frustrated I walk off in a huff.
    That's the perfect way to do it, just keep adding a bit at a time until you are happy with the way it looks. Another good idea is to add live rock from different shops, that way you can ensure you're adding different life forms from different area's, all beneficial for your rock and sandbed. A general guideline is to use 1kg of rock per 10 litres of water. In your language that equates to; 1kg=2.2lbs and 10 litres = 2.6 US gallons. My brain is too tired to work that out right now, lol. But looking at your tank I would add a couple more rocks to build up a bit of a structure, remember that fish love swimming in and out of and around rocks, so try to create some sort of caves or overhangs or swim throughs that the fish can play in.

4. Dlaria

Dlaria Thread Starter

Thanks. That's what I've been doing, getting from both LR locations. I can only carry a bit at a time, so 3-4 pieces is my max. One problem I have is that It's only a 12" front to back tank, so it's hard to get big pieces in there, and the selections have gotten slim. Going to head to the LFS and see if he has any more LR left. I've pretty much cleaned him out of all the pieces I can fit in there. I can't get the putty to work, sticking them together. Think I'll just have to pile them up and hope they don't fall on anyone in there. I'd picked up some arches used for lizards to bask on. Was using them for support/caves; but they looked too fake and I could not hide them. :p

Last edited: 14 Aug 2011
Recent Posts