DNW200 vs. TS3

Andreas

Flame Angel
Reaction score
Comparing dnw200 vs ts3 skimmer

Hi Guys,

I would like to know your experiences with these two skimmers, pros, cons etc.

I know that the biggest difference is that the DNW 200 is an external skimmer but i'm considering placing a skimmer in my sump.IMO is does look neater especially if you have a nice cupboard that hides away your sump etc.

Thanks

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
The 200 is the better unit IMO. But being external means loads more plumbing.

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
yip, like war said, external more pluming
internal = neater and less plumbing, but when it comes to skimming i don't really know, my ts1 is the shit!(i love it)

If you go external then you have more space for dsb or cheato .

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
They are both excellent skimmers in my opinion, the choice will ultimately be yours and how/where you want to put it. Performance wise you won't be sorry no matter which one you buy.

Andreas

Flame Angel
Reaction score
thanks guys!
i've seen meks DNW200 in action and must say that I was very impressed! plumbing is not a problem. in fact it's fun:)

do you need a feeder pump for the ts3 and is it affected by the water level of your sump?

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
do you need a feeder pump for the ts3 and is it affected by the water level of your sump?
No feeder pump, it comes with it's own 2 x needlewheel pumps which sit in the sump and pump the water/air into the skimmer.

Water level does make a slight difference, but as long as the level in that chamber is constant then you simply adjust the skimmer with the adjustable outlet pipe.

millepora

Blenny
Reaction score
Just to clarify Dean's post if I may. All the ReefTek range of skimmers have been upgraded/changed.
The TS3 no longer has 2 feed pumps. It now only have a single larger/stronger feed pump, and believe me it works great. The plumbing has also changed for the better. Oh and the best thing of all it that the price of the TS3 and TS4 have come down.

I agree with Mek. That both the DNW200 & TS3 are awesome skimmers and it would be difficult to choose between them.

Andreas

Flame Angel
Reaction score
thanks gents. still considering which one to buy so will wait a tad longer:)

i'm leaning towards a DNW but think that the TS3 looks better because you can hide it in the sump. but a price decrease??MMMHHHH:p