DNW200 vs. TS3

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by Andreas, 30 May 2008.

1. Andreas

Andreas

Comparing dnw200 vs ts3 skimmer

Hi Guys,

I would like to know your experiences with these two skimmers, pros, cons etc.

I know that the biggest difference is that the DNW 200 is an external skimmer but i'm considering placing a skimmer in my sump.IMO is does look neater especially if you have a nice cupboard that hides away your sump etc.

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Warr7207

Warr7207

The 200 is the better unit IMO. But being external means loads more plumbing.

4. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

yip, like war said, external more pluming
    internal = neater and less plumbing, but when it comes to skimming i don't really know, my ts1 is the shit!(i love it)

If you go external then you have more space for dsb or cheato .

5. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

tuff one.both are awsome skimmers.IMO

6. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

They are both excellent skimmers in my opinion, the choice will ultimately be yours and how/where you want to put it. Performance wise you won't be sorry no matter which one you buy.

7. Andreas

Andreas Thread Starter

thanks guys!
    i've seen meks DNW200 in action and must say that I was very impressed! plumbing is not a problem. in fact it's fun:)

do you need a feeder pump for the ts3 and is it affected by the water level of your sump?

8. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

No feeder pump, it comes with it's own 2 x needlewheel pumps which sit in the sump and pump the water/air into the skimmer.

Water level does make a slight difference, but as long as the level in that chamber is constant then you simply adjust the skimmer with the adjustable outlet pipe.

9. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Andreas,personally i like an external skimmer.reason,had a bad experience with an insump skimmer where i didnt clean the skimmer cup and it poured all the shit back into the tank and lost lotsa fish that way.not too sure if the ts3 has an outlet pipe on the cup

10. millepora

millepora

Just to clarify Dean's post if I may. All the ReefTek range of skimmers have been upgraded/changed.
    The TS3 no longer has 2 feed pumps. It now only have a single larger/stronger feed pump, and believe me it works great. The plumbing has also changed for the better. Oh and the best thing of all it that the price of the TS3 and TS4 have come down.

I agree with Mek. That both the DNW200 & TS3 are awesome skimmers and it would be difficult to choose between them.

11. Andreas

Andreas Thread Starter

thanks gents. still considering which one to buy so will wait a tad longer:)

i'm leaning towards a DNW but think that the TS3 looks better because you can hide it in the sump. but a price decrease??MMMHHHH:p

12. IMarine

IMarine

DNW200 bra

Recent Posts