DIY Rock Good or Bad idea!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by smartegoutte, 10 Jan 2011.

1. smartegoutte

smartegoutte

Looking for some feed back on DIY rock.

My delema is as follows. I have quite a deep tank and despite having 90kg of live rock i have a problem getting height with my rock scaping. I only have a few nice large pieces of rock and the remainder are smaller pieces. i have had a long term green hair algae problem and i'm convinced that one of my main problems is excessive sediment that i struggle to remove. because the water movement between the rocks is not good enough.

I would like to create three height levels in the tank with large gaps and platforms to place corals. I don't have the budget right now to go and throw cash at the problem and i thought the DIY route might be a cost effective option.

what are the issues that need to be considered with DIY rock?

2. Guest

3. Anemone

Anemone

Curing time for DIY rock can be pretty lenghty. For ideas on how to build rock structures out of your existing rock, check this out: Aquascaping <br>Tricks and Tips

Recent Posts