DIY LED based on the prime 16

Reaction score
I embarked on a journey to attempt to build an LED light for my nano light on the prime 16. Although I opted out of using the red and green LED as someone with a prime 16 told me they leave it off anyways.
The lights used
4 x Royal blue
4 x Blue
4 x Cool white ( 1 cool white blew in testing today so will most likely swap it out with a warm white)
1 x UV
1 x Violet
All grouped on a heat sink with a fan for cooling and controlled using a 3 channel dimmer (5 lights on channel 1, 5 on channel 2 and 4 on channel 3)
Will post pics and update the journey
Any advice would also be appreciated

You can also have a look at either cyan or ice blue chips, which is in the nM space between blue and green, might be worth it as a lot of the other brands run them (like Orphek). Also have a look and play around on http://spectra.1023world.net/ to see more or less what spectrum will be like.

I embarked on a journey to attempt to build an LED light for my nano light on the prime 16. Although I opted out of using the red and green LED as someone with a prime 16 told me they leave it off anyways.
The lights used
4 x Royal blue
4 x Blue
4 x Cool white ( 1 cool white blew in testing today so will most likely swap it out with a warm white)
1 x UV
1 x Violet
All grouped on a heat sink with a fan for cooling and controlled using a 3 channel dimmer (5 lights on channel 1, 5 on channel 2 and 4 on channel 3)
Coul
The lights used
4 x Royal blue
4 x Blue
1 x UV
1 x Violet
Hi, could you please list the parts you used, esp the summer.

hi, where can we source the LED lights in Durban?

this is the first time so can you point me in the right direction as to what type of led to buy and other components etc...
heard about some type of driver to get also

this is the first time so can you point me in the right direction as to what type of led to buy and other components etc...
heard about some type of driver to get also
Don’t be fooled by thinking it will be cheaper to build a light yourself. It can become expensive very quickly…

I actually planned to do a clone of the AI hydra 16, these are the parts i selected from led select.

Never got down to it, decided to wait for a cheap second hand unit to become available.

wavelenthQTYPriceTotal
LED Blue450nm
4​
7​
28​
LED Royal Blue470nm
4​
11.5​
46​
White10000k
4​
7​