DIY LED ADVICE

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ok so I have built my own DIY led's and not a bad job at it. I have 1 red 2 green and 36 blue 36 white 15000k 3 watt led's and an additional 2 white and 2 blue T5's

So the lighting looks really good..... or so I thought

I went to Jungle aquatics the weekend and the shop display cube lighting had some reds blue's and whites. However the colour was much better than my diy. The inferno BTA colour was a lot different than mine...

So my question how do I rectify without forking out to much money
Do I add more red led's ????

Attacjed is a pic of my nennie.

I have played around and toning down on the white but still nothing like other nemmies I have seen

IMG_7917.JPG

That tank looks more white/yellow that Jungles tank. I can se much more blue light in there tank than in yours. Also. Ive have seen so many bubbletips thats the same name but different shades of colour. The green bubble tip has so many different shades of green. Its hard to compare your anemone to someone else's. If yours is a splitling from than nenny of jungles then tou can say its your lights. Also you get different grades in the same species, A, AA and AAA Grade.

Ill add some more blue leds. My current diy unit has 6 20k white, 10 royal blue and 2 uv. I dont use red and green as it makes the tank a disco.

Here is a pic on that colour combo all on 100%

4e12fa0f39a327fae9f24b2378c25d12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add that light combo of yours will make the corals grow like crazy though

Im doing a few mods on my lights tomorrow. Ill post pics as i go along. Its very easy.

Please post here. It will help alot of us

Hi @yusufp it depend what you want to do if you only need an light on an timer not on an controller its a lot cheaper and you can get away using resistors and not Drivers as the cost difference is huge so it all depends on how you want your system to work and with what.

Back
Top Bottom