DIY Brine Shrimp Hatchery

Reaction score
HI After seeing a few DIY options for Brine Shrimp Hatcheries I thought its time to try my own .
Bought an normal Rain Gauge from Builders and Drilled an 4.8mm hole at the bottom towards the side.
This so my air tubing would fit tight as not to leak. Forced the air tubing in and attached an air stone to be attached to an normal air pump .
I placed it in my sump to keep the temp the same as the display

All I need is Eggs if someone knows where I could get Brine eggs on the east rand please let me know

DSC_7724.JPG
DSC_7725.JPG
DSC_7726.JPG

What did it cost.
How you going to transport the hatched brine to the main tank.
If you swith the air pump off is the water not gonna run into the pump and the brine shrimp.

Busy trying decide on my build. Build a brine feeder for the main tank.
Seen one you can buy relatively cheap, so not sure if the DIY is worth it

What did it cost.
How you going to transport the hatched brine to the main tank.
If you swith the air pump off is the water not gonna run into the pump and the brine shrimp.

Busy trying decide on my build. Build a brine feeder for the main tank.
Seen one you can buy relatively cheap, so not sure if the DIY is worth it

The Rain Gauge was R50 I had the air tubing, air pump and air stone lying around . Hle use an Turkey baster or syringe to transfer to the main tank. Thats why im looking for eggs without salt mix so I can use my DT water to hatch . I have to get an non return valve for the air pump The 4.8mm hole with the tubing does not leak and seals itself but I will put some PVC weld on to ensure its sealed

You can also have it outside the tank I would just add an piece of glass with an heater on to keep the temp. I used this when I had tropical to feed fry.

OK cool.
Wild on Pets has brine shrimp eggs. Both salt and non salt mix.
I'm also just gonna use my DT water.

Thanks you don't perhaps know what salt is in the mix as I did get an packet with salt. Or the price of the non salted;)

Think non salt was around 180
The salt mix I think you mix with RO to watch ever the amount the box saids.

Thank you I Got the Sera 85g for about R24 but I'm not sure what salt is added to the mix so i would prefer eggs only.

Back
Top Bottom