DIY auto top-up

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
104478e094ba2f6c.jpg

Above you will see the float switch assembly, it consists of a float switch - top right, a junction box - top middle, power supply - bottom and power supply to the top up pump (not shown, a small power head or pump with a pipe to the sump from an R/O container)

You need to wire the live cable (in my case the blue wire) via the float switch to activate only when the float switch drops - a close up of the jb will follow.

104478e0a056a904.jpg

The jb showing the connections (uk) live = blue, neutral = brown and yellow/green = earth.

Although not clear on the picture, the red wire from the float switch (right) joins the power supply live and the blue from the float switch joins the pump supply (left)

104478e0a04b89f5.jpg

And a close up of the float switch.

Very simple and cheap auto top up, never failed in my tank.(so far):whistling:

nothing wrong with that!!
i would be nervouseof the lack of a alarn !! what if a snail crawls onto the float switch or a bug? you could loose your entire systerm

Very Very Neat for a Brit. Good info there

Pity bout the blue plastic leather couch:whistling:

I beleve that is shmeather

weeman is in the uk sanders

104478e0a056a904.jpg

The jb showing the connections (uk) live = blue, neutral = brown and yellow/green = earth.

Although not clear on the picture, the red wire from the float switch (right) joins the power supply live and the blue from the float switch joins the pump supply (left)

Am I correct youre not using the live on the pump supply? The blue wire top left of pic.?

Am I correct youre not using the live on the pump supply? The blue wire top left of pic.?

No, the live feed (on the right) is connected to the live pump feed (left) via the red and blue wires from the float switch. (that way the pump only works when the float switch, swtiches it on)

Very Very Neat for a Brit. Good info there

Pity bout the blue plastic leather couch:whistling:

That my friend is finest Italian leather none of your plastic rubbish in my house, i even got the little cleaning kit to go with it:lol:

Back
Top Bottom