DIY ATU for a pico tank

Reaction score
Hey DIY gurus,

I am wanting to make an ATU for my pico tank - the unit I used for my big tank looks like a toilet cistern and is just impractical in a 5 gallon with a filter section as big as a box of matches!

I am considering using the A-line liquid level controller from ACDC - essentially a 3 probe electronic relay to trigger a top up pump.... Has anyone played with these units in a small tank before? I'm thinking I can make the probes very miniature to suit the small space available....

Would like to see what you do. Will just go for the upside down bottle for now :m01:

Hey DIY gurus,

I am wanting to make an ATU for my pico tank - the unit I used for my big tank looks like a toilet cistern and is just impractical in a 5 gallon with a filter section as big as a box of matches!

I am considering using the A-line liquid level controller from ACDC - essentially a 3 probe electronic relay to trigger a top up pump.... Has anyone played with these units in a small tank before? I'm thinking I can make the probes very miniature to suit the small space available....

Normal Float switches will work fine, I used that on my 5g

I build units using no moving parts. Great for all in one setups and Pico setups. PM me for more info

I’ve successfully tested my units I build on my Pico. I’ve went so far as to fit it with a battery backup setup so that even in the event of a power failure, the topup still runs

Back
Top Bottom