Diving Balito and area

Reaction score
Hi, guys and gals

Anyone have any tips for nice areas to dive and snorkel in and around Balito?
I'll begoing there for a week and would like to get 1 or 2 dives in.

Thanks

Wikus

Hey Wikus, we must meet up again.
The rockpools and tidal pools in Ballito are excllent for specimens.
There is also Sheffield (further North) with lots of rock pools in the area. (This is one of the best spots)
Salt rock is also great!

I'll see what the schedule holds for us. Maybe we can have a drink or I could convince you to come up to salt rock to show me the nice spots :p

Thanks

Yeh, I second that. Sheffield is a great spot and it is only about 10min from ballito. Lots of pools and lots of good stuff to see.;)

Sheffield will be fine :p How far out are the reefs / pools? We are going down as a group and are all qualified divers, so maybe a nice night dive might be on the table. Would be nice if there is a nice protected reef and we could do a shore entry with a short swim.

Oh well, I'll take my notebook and cell with. The I'll post on MASA. This daiving will take place during the week though. Low tide 28 Oct will be 9am. Hope we will be able to do the 1st dive then.

well pm your details if you want some company ...

I'll have company, but .... the more the merrier. Always nice to meet fellow aquarists. I'll let you know when we are down there

Anybody knows what the weather is like at Ballito area the coming weekend ?

Saturday fine and hot with rain forecast for the Afternoon. Sunday cloudy and raining. Typical weekend weather this time of the year.

Saturday fine and hot with rain forecast for the Afternoon. Sunday cloudy and raining. Typical weekend weather this time of the year.

I'll be in Balito for the week :p thanks.

Mekaeel, I'll see wat I can do, would love to come through to Durban, or maybe have you up at Shakas Rock to show me the ropes if you don't mind :p

Mekaeel, I'll see wat I can do, would love to come through to Durban, or maybe have you up at Shakas Rock to show me the ropes if you don't mind :p
Yeah you must come and visit again man!
Im not so familiar with Shakas Rock, but will give it a go ;)

Here's the weather for the week.

Forecast: Monday, 27 October 2008 Min: 18°CMax: 26°C
suncloud.gif
Weather: Partly cloudy becoming cloudy. late pm. and evening showers and storms (30%)Wind: moderate NE but moderate SW in the afternoon.Sunrise: 05:06Sunset: 18:14Moonrise: 03:52Moonset: 17:01Moonphase: Waning

Forecast:
Tuesday, 28 October 2008 Min: 18°CMax: 21°C
cloudrain.gif
Weather: Cloudy. scattered showers (60%)Wind: moderate SW but moderate SE in the afternoon.Sunrise: 05:05Sunset: 18:14Moonrise: 04:22Moonset: 17:59Moonphase: Waning

Forecast: Wednesday, 29 October 2008 Min: 19°CMax: 24°C
cloudrain.gif
Weather: Cloudy. scattered showers (60%)Wind: moderate NE but strong NE in the afternoon.Sunrise: 05:04Sunset: 18:15Moonrise: 04:55Moonset: 18:57Moonphase: New Moon

Forecast: Thursday, 30 October 2008 Min: 18°CMax: 25°C
suncloudrain.gif
Weather: Partly cloudy becoming cloudy. p.m. and evening showers (30%)Wind: moderate NE but fresh SW in the afternoon.Sunrise: 05:03Sunset: 18:16Moonrise: 05:32Moonset: 19:55Moonphase: New Moon

Forecast: Friday, 31 October 2008 Min: 17°CMax: 21°C
cloud.gif
Weather: Cloudy.Wind: moderate SW but gentle SE in the afternoon.Sunrise: 05:02Sunset: 18:17Moonrise: 06:13Moonset: 20:51Moonphase: New Moon

Forecast: Saturday, 1 November 2008 Min: 16°CMax: 24°C
suncloud.gif
Weather: Cloudy becoming partly cloudy.Wind: moderate SE but moderate NE in the evening.Sunrise: 05:01Sunset: 18:17Moonrise: 06:59Moonset: 21:44Moonphase: Waxing

Back
Top Bottom