display tank

Reaction score
I bought a second hand fish tank that was standing in a garage for 5 years ,it belong to a guy that past away, and his wife decided to clean the garage ,accordantly to here it was a salt water tank and he had clown fish and blue tangs in there some one took the fish years ago and the tank was just standing there in here way.So now its mine.
What i am planing to do with it is to make it a one specie fish tank something like some clowns with some l/rock or something similar.
To filter the water i was thinking to inter link it to the other two tanks so i will have just 2x 50mm holes for the inlet and out let then there will be no pumps or pipes in the display.
995499c145d67c9e.jpg

good idea, i did the same, now i have 4 tanks linked up... its a crazy disease :)

mine is going to have triggers :)

this tank is small so i was thinking small fish that school or something similar any ideas?

Ben - quite a few nemo's really looks AWESOME.... you should see the Nemo (amphiphron occellaris) tank at the 2 Oceans public aquarium! It's STUNNING! It is a huge tank, but they probably have around 200 clown fish in there :)

one huge sabae nemmie and some clowns :)

Black percs and a red or purple bubbletip. There is a small tank with a lot of black percs as you enter the aquarium area at Ushaka, believe me it would've looked even more stunning if they only removed the kitch decor and adde one or two pieces of nice liferock and a nemmie!

How many litres is the tank Ben? Coz I think a tank with butterflies would be cool since they can't be kept with corals, but the tank might be a bit small. Otherwise I agree with Jacques, that clown tank at two oceans is quite a spectacle, looks awesome.

Nice little tank you got there though, can't wait to see it up and running.

being power head free and plumbed toa big system i would look at a large nennie and percs to be honest, just up the lighting and you would ahve a tank that few can match!

but a Fish only BB with LR in it, fairly heavily stocked would be good too.

OR

keep it as a hospital tank?

OR as u can have slow flow why not look at a heavey LR system (part of filtering of other tanks and a pair of mandarine?

OR
sea horses and file fish?

so many options.

Hi guys thanks for the all the input! My doter ask for sea horses, in there but i dint know they look complicated to keep happy.
NO! mantis,!! war perhaps a tank full of cleaner shrimps will do?

How many liters is the tank Ben? Coz I think a tank with butterflies would be cool since they can't be kept with corals, but the tank might be a bit small. Otherwise I agree with Jacques, that clown tank at two oceans is quite a spectacle, looks awesome.

Nice little tank you got there though, can't wait to see it up and running.

900mm x 500mm x 400mm = 180L - 20L(corners) total 160L :biggrin:

Ben - I had 2 sea-horses in my 300 litre Jewel tank. IF they have enough pods in the tank (the tank HAVE to be mature), then you are safe. Then it is absolutely NO effort at all to keep them - I just feed the pods - not the sea-horses.....

Nice tank Ben. A good couple of clowns, like jacques suggested, will look stunning in there!! :) Or maybe put something in that you can't have in your main tank. Like a little blue lobster and something else?

Back
Top Bottom