Disappointed tonight

Reaction score
I have been on MASA for 4 years and never bought enithing from the for sale threads as I am always to late . Then on saterday I could not belive my eyes when I saw a member selling his Zetlight and it has not been sold yet . I agreed to take the light and whee then concluded the deal by PM. I even phoned him on Sunday an confirmed everything.

As I am in Bloem and he is from JHB I asked if he would be willing to wait till today for collection as I asked my brother in law to collect the light for me and he was out of town till today. When I phoned him today to confirm the collection he tells me that he has already sold "my light" to sumone else ,also an MASA member.

So I hope that you will have a good nights sleep ( Flamming angel ) after what you did today while I will be dreaming off a Zetlight over my tank.

NO3

Reaction score
happened to me too, i agreed to purchase on forum but was sold to someone else. i feel your pain

LCornelius

Reaction score
@Piet

I just had a look at the for sale thread.

The actual sale happened off line in PM.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it.

It is for this reason that we always say, keep the sale on the thread.
In fact it is one of the for sales rules.

I'm sorry that you did not get the light unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
this is not the first time Flamming Angel has whipped up crud, I think further action needs to be taken against him, he is obnoxious and untruthful. @459b

Reaction score
Sorry to read this @Piet. I remember seeing that thread and thinking I can't believe another person is getting a great zetlight for a great price (I just don't have the money for them right now myself)

I agree with Riaan. Much like e Bay the sales reputation thing should be used a lot more and that way we can all read up on a seller before considering purchasing from them.

Reaction score
@ piet give us a shout....ill give you a cracker deal on a brand new zetlight as a xmas pressie......
forums are here to keep okes happy.
give me a call lets discuss price and well help you get a zetlight
Now this is what i call service:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

RiaanP

Reaction score
At the end of the day

CASH IS KING

Whoever pay first, gets it. There are so many threads out there were buyers commit, just to pull out a couple of days later.

Get his banking details. Pay for the item, or agree and commit to a deposit.

We had similar incidents before, even with sponsors. Where by the time the interested buyer gets to the shop the item is already sold. Cash is king.

Reaction score
LCornelius

Thanks for your response , i learned my lesson and will procede difrently in the future
Also just want to say thank to the mods and MASA members for doing a great job with this forum .
Without MASA i would definitly not had an sucsesfull marine tank

Will definitly contact the sponsors today

Reaction score
Hi all. In my defense Piet had asked for a better price a good few days ago. We spoke offline for a bit and we agreed on a price this happened on Saturday. It's now Tuesday and Piet had not mentioned anything about banking details or paying a holding deposit. Had he been serious he could have done so with a small amount to ensure he has the light. Further more he had enough time to call Dibs on the light after we spoke. None of this was done on the thread. On Tuesday another reefer messaged me both on the thread and asked for banking details. He then put the cash in my account. RiaanP I have kept to all rules of negotiations being on the thread. I have been on this forum for many many years and have kept up to the rules and assisted many Reefers. I really didn't want to sell the light to the other reefer but if you don't pay cash do I still wait for you with the possibility of losing the sale as you did already have a quote. Apologies for selling. I have even tried obtaining another light at a good price from a reefer for you Piet.

Reaction score
this is not the first time Flamming Angel has whipped up crud, I think further action needs to be taken against him, he is obnoxious and untruthful. @459b

I am on this forum for a good number of years. Please do explain the situation in which you say I have 'whipped up curd'. Surely if such happened I would have attended to it. In this case if I missed the issue can you remind me on what I have done.

Reaction score
done business with flamming a few times and he is a great oak!! never had a problem

Reaction score
I don't think this thread should turn into a way of crediting or discrediting the character of certain individuals but should rather be seen as a reminder of why, as @LCornelius stated earlier, there are sale rules...

It is for this reason that we always say, keep the sale on the thread.
In fact it is one of the for sales rules.

mornewil

Morne
Reaction score
Just want to reiterate CASH IS KING.
I have been let down so many times in past with keeping dibs for people who later pull out or find something else. Many of the guys call dibs to later realize it was impulsive or they don't need the item or did not budget for it whatever the reason may be. You then turn down other potential buyers by wanting to honor the dibs and later lose out buyers when person calls off the dibs.