Dimi Nano Tank

Reaction score
Howzit guys.

I decided to start up a thread dedicated to my tank, I have been fascinated by some of the amazing progress made by guys on this forum and I must admit if it wasn't for this forum I definitely wouldn't have even started up my tank.

I come from a tropical fish keeping background, had some seriously large tanks in the past but ventured into marine in my fist year of varsity, and without doing the proper research and trying to run it on a shoestring budget I failed miserably and landed up packing up the entire hobby for a good few years.

Anyway im not sure what sparked the interest again but I decided to get myself a Nano just to ease into it and hopefully upgrade once I feel more comfortable. The sheer volume of information out there is overwhelming so I'd rather just take it slow. I went for the Amw 102. It was a toss up between that and the boyu but from what I was told the skimmer and lighting on the Amw 102 was better.

I bought it 2nd hand from a fellow reefer on the forum but didn't realise the lead time that would come along with actually getting the tank wet.

Purchased a RO unit but only after realised I needed the DI attachment to get my tds to zero, and it just seemed this was one example of many things to come that I had to learn along the way.

Anyway to cut an already long story short. Here are the details of my setup.

Aquaria Amw 102- 120l Nano

Custom built stand

Red sea reef base aragonite

2 X sun sun jvp 110 wave makers

Standard T5 lighting and filtration that comes with the tank (skimmer, sponge, dsb, bio balls, ceramic rings and carbon)

7.8kgs live rock that was purchased yesterday

Here are a few pics of the initial setup.

And most importantly thanks for taking the time to check out my thread, hope you are all ready for a whole lot of questions! ;)

(Apologies if the pics aren't rotated for some reason no matter how I rotate them they come out sideways)

uploadfromtaptalk1454955327523.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454955353134.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454955360307.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454955375119.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454955440513.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454955490243.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454955502645.jpg

nice cabinet you build there.

Did you put in shelves in that cabinet?

Did you put in shelves in that cabinet?
I left it bare still need to do the shelving but I was thinking to maybe leave some space open in case I wanted to add a sump at a later stage

Very nice scape and cabinet! I'm glad that you moved the tank onto the stand, the tv and tv stand would not have appreciated the tank there! :p

Very nice scape and cabinet! I'm glad that you moved the tank onto the stand, the tv and tv stand would not have appreciated the tank there! :p
Hahaha ya I don't think that cabinet would've lasted long with a couple of hundred kilograms on it!

Hi guys,

So I have a question, the live rock that I purchased came with some nice mushrooms and a few heads of zooanthids (I'm not sure if they will make it through the cycling process) but I think it also came with a few nasties. Will you just check the pics out and recommended what I should do?

Cheers
uploadfromtaptalk1455095159667.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1455095107899.jpg

I'm not an expert I haven't used either Ive got an file fish your welcome to leave the rock in my tank for an day or borrow him but that will confuse you're cycle . I had about close to 40 and he sorted it out in one night.

Back
Top Bottom