Digital and good accurate water parameter test kits

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought this would be and interesting topic to help me (all of us newbies) to get aquainted with the best and most accurate test kits for water analysis.

I currently have a digital pH pen (who's accuraciy I very much doubt), a refractometer (simply the best in my little experience)

Are the any other digital tests for nitrate, P04, KH and other common chemicals we often always measure ???

There is equipment like that, but it is way beyond the hobbiest's bank account.

hmmm i see, would be nice to have a nice digital N03 and PO4 meter :)

what does it look like and whats the prise on it?

As i understand it, the kit is used for commercial chemical companies and cost thousands, i will hunt down where i read this and get back to you.

Burt once the DSB kicks in and the system settles, no need to keep testing Nitrate etc, so really would not be worth spending the money. I currently run my system on digital temp and PH heven't tested Nitrate/Phos for over 2yrs. Rather spend the money on a decent ph meter.

Hanna is a very handy unit that will test most of your parameters at a nice price...ranging from R7000-R15000

7000 for testing stuff...
now tell me, how in this world will I ever get the finance minister's approval for that.
Never mind the 15000 one, Oh honey I need it, look it can test your moodswings...

7000 for testing stuff...
now tell me, how in this world will I ever get the finance minister's approval for that.
Never mind the 15000 one, Oh honey I need it, look it can test your moodswings...

:lol: lol

one thing...it will save you time:whistling:

I made the same mistake on a 90 gallon reef tank that was stable for over 6 years.
I am now trying to recover from a collapse. Had I made simple measurements over time, I wouldn't be on this forumn

Burt once the DSB kicks in and the system settles, no need to keep testing Nitrate etc, so really would not be worth spending the money. I currently run my system on digital temp and PH heven't tested Nitrate/Phos for over 2yrs. Rather spend the money on a decent ph meter.[/QUOTE

Hi Dangros, welcome to MASA. Please start a thread in the new members forum then all the members will give you a nice welcome :)

Hi all,

I would like to monitor my nitrate digitally.
I saw American Marine Pinpoint Nitrate meters on ebay with shipping to SA for R2000.

Would you recommend them?
Also do someone stock them?

What other options do I have that won't break the bank?

Hi all,

I would like to monitor my nitrate digitally.
I saw American Marine Pinpoint Nitrate meters on ebay with shipping to SA for R2000.

Would you recommend them?
Also do someone stock them?

What other options do I have that won't break the bank?

I personally dont bother testing for nitrates religiously. Once a month is OK. I used to be obsessed with nitrates before but a good DSB, live rock and probiotics will keep it in check

Back
Top Bottom