Detailed form submitted: carlosdeandrade

Reaction score
Detailed help request
Are you experiencing any problems in your tank?
Not Sure
Brief Description
Copperband food.
Tank size
RSM 250n with refuge and DSB
System Volume
about 320 Litres
How long has your tank been running?
1 year
What livestock do you have?
Softies, plate coral, 2 brains, 4 green Chromis, 2 Lyre tail anthias, 1 Tang, 1 copperband, 4 turbo snails, 2 blue legged hermits, purple lobster, 2 cleaner shrimps and 1 fire cracker.
Water Parameters
dkh:8
Calcium: 490ppm
Phosphate: 0
Magnesium:1350 (ALGAE!!)
pH; 8.2
Nitirte:0
Nitrate: 5-10ppm
Nh4:0
Salinity:1.025
Temp: 25 (winter) 27 (summer)
What lighting is over the tank?
6 T5 geisemann's.
Pumps and equipment
2 Skimmers, 1 sunsun, 3 eiheims for filtration and water movement.
Maintenance
30 litre water changes twice a week with RO water and tropic marine salt.
Globes will be replaced in August along with RO filters.
Other info and photo's.
There are no ceramic rings in my system, no filter sponges, all filtration is done with LR, DSB and Chaeto. My DT has sugar aragonite as it's substrate (as well as the DSB).
I have two skimmers because the RSM stock skimmer is not the best, my dream would be to have a really cool skimzs cone skimmer, or one that costs tons of money.:p

WHAT I NEED:
I have a wonderful copperband that eats of my LR, but does not eat frozen/flake food, he has been in my tank for 2 months however, he really loves Aiptisia sp. does anyone have LR that needs to be "cleaned?" I would gladly take your LR and give it back CLEAN.
I don't use any meds, I have no ich.
I dose with Mg every second day, Ca every fourth day and add dkh powder every time I do a water change (all brightwater aquatics).
If you are keen, let me know, I will collect your LR and bring it back, JHB and Pretoria regions only.

ooh I have a rock with lots of aiptasia

Last edited by a moderator:
Gees, you should hire the guy out and get a return on your investment

Pimp my tank. New TV program

Have you tried frozen mysis and frozen krill?

Hi Viper, yeah I have, gone the whole way, went to my fish shop bought some frozen clams, popped their shells.....(my cleaner shrimps loved that!), bought living brines, stuffed empty shells with Mysis, put some frozen krill in the wholes of my LR.......It feels like dating all over again;).
I know CB's are hard, even told my LFS not to net her/him not to damage the gills.

Anyway, hoping Gman is correct in his prediction, don't wannna lose her/him. Still looking good for now, but you know how it goes with animals you have.......its a life in your hands.

I have so much rock that is infected.just a pitty you are so far away!!

Back
Top Bottom