Dental Floss and Dogs Don't Mix!

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Anemone, 11 May 2010.

1. Anemone

Anemone

I went to the pet shop today to stock up on supplies. I brought my little dog Lucy with me as usual. I locked her in the car while I ran in. She has always been good for me when I leave her in the car for a few minutes. I came out and she was choking on my dental floss that was in the center console. So I start pulling it out, and pulling and pulling and pulling! There was no end in sight! She was still chocking, kicking, and thrashing to the point that I was losing my grip on her. I finally honked the horn and got the two owners attention. They both came out. A few handfuls later the owner finally got it all out! She had swallowed more than half of a new package of dental floss! She does have minty fresh breath now! I'm exhausted from the ordeal!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. DragonReef

DragonReef

Gees, that's hectic. Did she start chewing the whole container, or manage to open it and pull the floss out like we would ?

4. chikaboo

chikaboo

Did she not try to wash it down with some mouthwash?

5. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

She managed to chew off the cap and pull it out like we would. The rest of the container is fine. When I first found her I opened her jaws expecting to sweep a ball of it out with my finger. It was one long string that went right down her throat and seemed to have no end.

6. Anemone

Anemone Thread Starter

She didn't even try to wash it down with the pepsi I had in the console. Usually she at least takes my straw out! I guess she got board with the staws.

And it's not like she didn't have any treats. We had just went to the bank and the lady at the drive up window sent two doggy treats back with my deposit slip.

Recent Posts