Denitrator Coil

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Ocean, 19 Feb 2008.

1. Ocean

Ocean Lazy Sea Slug

how long must the 6mm pipe be in a denitra coil?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi Ocean - I would say between 10 and 15 metres. Look, the idea in a denitrator, is to have the aerobic bacteria strip out and use up ALL the oxygen in the water, up to a stage where the an-aerobic bacteria can take over. You should remember that the water-flow speed/volume also makes a huge difference. It should be up to 3 drops a second, I think. Have a look at ManderinMan's tank thread - he did some really in-depth study of a denitrator coil, perhaps PM him or ask him what his thoughts are on this....

Good luck mate!

4. Ocean

Ocean Thread Starter Lazy Sea Slug

i will check that with mandrinman but doesw anyone have second opion on this?

Thanks jacquesb:thumbup:

5. herkie

herkie R.I.P.

I read a bit about them and got the idea that most of the working ones use 30m pipe. Also started one a few days ago and used 30m of 10mm pipe to increase thi area inside the pipe. Will it work? I DONT KNOW.

Recent Posts