Deleted Posts

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by Warr7207, 18 Jul 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warr7207

Warr7207

I have noticed loads of posts that are being deleted lately, I understand this the admin/moderators job, but at least send a PM or email to explain why.

Although the Admin/Mods might think it is not to their likening, I think it is just courteous to inform the poster. They may have a valid reason for posting.

Also noticed that joking on the forum is being clamped down on :whistling:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

It's not the joking that is being clamped down on, all the posts removed were done because they were off topic, too many of the threads have gone very astray in the past and the original content of the thread lost.
    It was decided to slow this down by removing the odd post before the thread went awry, perhaps think about what you post in future, but we felt it necessary to keep the integrity of the forum and what is is primarily used for.

4. brentnorm

brentnorm

Do allow for a joke or two though

5. Warr7207

Warr7207 Thread Starter

No prob, I just want to understand. Come back 12 hours later and loads of posts deleted on various posts.

So the rule is KEEP TO THE TOPIC OR IT WILL BE DELETED :)

And lay off the banter ;)

6. brentnorm

brentnorm

Whats wrong with a little banter? Please dont get too strict. I understand we need to keep the topic flowing but a joke now and then and a little banter is good for everyone.

7. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Hi guy, yes we will be being a bit more strict in the future.

We do allow some banter, but at times a few guy go a bit to far off topic.
    If you want to joke around and have endless fun please use The Thread killer

8. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

nothing is wrong with a Little banter, but too mant of the threads have been allowed to wander so far off track that we decided to slow it down a little, the odd comment here or there, preferably in your own thread is still cool, but we are trying to clamp down on some of the threads where people have ganuine problems so that the answers are not lost in loads of humerous posts. The thread killer, for instance, is left for your own devices, as are all the non fishy sections, but all we are asking is that you respect your fellow reefers by not dragging threads off topic, which we all must admit happens too often.
    This, the for sale section and clamping down on non sponsor advertising are just a few of the steps we all feel are necessary for the betterment of our forum as it continues to grow and mature.

9. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

10. Warr7207

Warr7207 Thread Starter

I agree, most posts have so much bull shit in them, check out Koekemoer's thread.

But the thing that gets me is when a post is deleted cause Admin/Mod doesn't agree with your On-topic post and doesn't inform you why it is deleted.

11. Andreas

Andreas

yip mods, makes sense, but please dont be to strict.

Ones of the reasons I visit MASA so often is to learn new things and have fun doing it!:)

12. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Trouble is, we have to call it how we see it, sometimes we may get it wrong, but it may be that we read it differently than how it was meant, the written word is sometimes rather ambiguous, by not hearing how you would say it, it may be picked up differently, i have been through all the deleted threads, and to be frank, there is nothing there that doesn't deserve to be there.
    The decision to start this, very gentle, clampdwon was brought about by a conversation between all the mod team and the admin team, we considered where we would like to see the board going to and how to keep the integrity of the board to ensure it is the best it can be.
    We would ask you the members to accept that sometimes we will have to make decisions that will ensure that MASA is pushed forward rather than sidetracked, lets not forget that this is a privately owned forum that is provided free of charge to all of it's members, consider as well, the amount of collected information available at the push of a button.

Lets not lose that under a great heap of smilies and jokes.

13. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

I doubt any on-topic posts would have been deleted, perhaps in error, but if they have or if you are unhappy with one of your posts being deleted then please PM one of us, we are not your evil high school headmaster, we are always open to discussion.

We're all for fun :thumbup: But just try not to go too far off topic on certain threads, an odd comment here and there is always good fun and lightens up the mood, just don't go overboard :)

14. Andreas

Andreas

cool viper!

15. seank

seank

Hey, all valuable info on my thread, told you to stop posting and to rather enjoy the beauty of the thread..... Lol

16. brentnorm

brentnorm

Thanks then guys. Laughing and learning is great.

17. crispin

crispin

i think the mods have it dead right, and thanks for doing the upkeep where we slip off track. I love the humour in MASA and the fact you get darn good advice. heavens I certainly take things southwards at times, i am really greatful to the mods for doing what they do.

and if they dont pm us each time to explain, i dont think thats required at all. we should keep it on topic 1st, thats a greater courtesy in my view:) although i understand your feelings warr:)

i think the banter is perfect in here:)

18. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

If anyone feels their post in a a thread genuinely shouldn't have been deleted your best bet is to PM me or Viper. The mods can't "hard" delete posts so they are still there for us to view/reinstate. Please just give the link to the thread.

Recent Posts