Defragging tools

What is wrong with the inbuilt one? perhaps you just need to do it more often?

Norton Speeddisk or whatever the hell it's called these days... Basically the windows one is a crappy version of that.

windows version IMO preeeeety much does absolutely ZERO!
i'd just backup and reformat. doesnt take long if you know how.
and your gaurenteed you PC is performing at its best :)

Once again... mac. What is this reformat you are referring to? :p

reformatting?
it deletes and clears your PC of EVERYTHING. windows the works.
then you have to go thru the process of installing windows, and drivers. ie, motherboard, graphics. by the end of it you get your PC back into the original form you bought it in.
very easy to do if you know how and take around depending on the speed of your PC and the size of your drives. around a half day to get it fully up and running with the programs of your choice.
be warned tho. everything goes. so backup of data on an external drive is essential.
and just to clarify, i am not a PC wizz, i learn this to save up on having to send in my PC in everytime it got slow or crashed... saved me alot of cash so far! :)

best way of finding out more would be thru google..
its how i learn't... i did get stuck in places the first time...
and made errors.
but i had help nearby with friends who knew what they were doing...

Hehe i've been using a macbook pro for the past year and a half and I couldn't stand going back to windows!

No need to reformat, no slowdowns. The new operating system (Leopard) was even faster than Tiger (the operating system before it) - I expect the new one next year to be even faster!

My Macbook Pro is just as fast as the day I opened it!

I think the question here should be, why are you having to defrag ?

With these Tb drives and quad processors, you have to have **** loads of **** before you need to start destroying your HDD;)

Back
Top Bottom